Downtown Douglasville was all aglow Friday night, not from just the colorful floats and spectacle of lights, but from the smiles of excited people who came out to enjoy the city’s annual Christmas Parade.
Aptly named the “Sights and Sounds of Christmas,” this year offered a new feature to the annual parade and tree lighting event with a Christmas Family selected by Mayor Rochelle Robinson, who rode with her in a sleigh along the parade route.
This year’s first Christmas Family was Robert “Austin Sewell and his wife, Tracey, along with their nine children ages ranging from 3 weeks to age 20.
The event also featured live reindeer from Pettit Creek Farms in Cartersville, dancers including the Grinch, Santa and a whole more.
— Photos by Liz Marino/Douglas County Sentinel
Visit West Georgia 2016
- To view our new 2016 edition, click on the image on the left.
- To view our 2017 Progress edition, click on the image on the left.
- Suspect sought in carjacking at Highway 5 Publix
- Dining in Douglas: 20 BarWest and Grille goes beyond simplicity
- New tax commissioner touts $4.5M in delinquent collections
- Man charged with rape
- Heather Philips brings winning attitude to Douglas County Tigers
- BOE member Caldwell cited for passing stopped school bus
- Alexander relay teams have top times in nation
- CRIME BEAT: Man arrested for child molestation
- Chief Wayne Arrington
- Conner Perry is big part of Alexander's success
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!