There will be a lot of New Year’s Eve celebrating going on as 2017 winds to a close Sunday night. And locals can ring in the new year without leaving Douglas County, as a number of Douglasville restaurants and other spots will be open with live music and dining throughout the evening.
• Gabe’s Downtown Louisiana Bistro Douglasville at 6716 Church St., will have a big New Year’s Eve Party on Sunday night from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
For $30 pre-sale tickets or $40 at the door per person, enjoy heavy hors d’oeuvres and a midnight champagne toast, along with a special musical performance by Emerald Empire Band. This is a 21-plus event. To purchase advance tickets, visit Gabe's or call 770-765-1951.
• Irish Bred Pub at 6682 Broad St. next to O’Neal Plaza in downtown Douglasville, will have a New Year’s Eve Party upstairs from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
There will be live music and a champagne toast at midnight for a cover charge of $10/single or $15/couple. An open menu and bar will be available to order food and beverages.
• Fabiano’s, located at 6698 Broad St., will be open during its regular hours New Year’s Eve beginning at 11 a.m. and the kitchen will close at 10:30 p.m.
If revelers choose pizza instead of champagne, chances are that the bar will stay open Sunday night until midnight if the place is busy, according to a knowledgeable Fabiano’s employee.
• Anything But Ordinary Events and More, at 6650 Broad St. in downtown Douglasville, is hosting “In With the Bacon” where New Year’s Eve revelers can enjoy a late night breakfast buffet. The event begins at 11 p.m. and lasts until 2 a.m.
In addition to the breakfast buffet, the night features a disc jockey and live music, along with a midnight champagne toast and bubbly bar. Cost is $20.18 per person and $10 for children 12 and under.
Prior to the New Year’s Eve Party, get a jumpstart on celebrating, as Anything But Ordinary will host a Watch Party of the Atlanta Falcons vs. the Carolina Panthers from 3-8 p.m. Sunday. For $15 per person, it’s BYOB and all you can eat. For $25 per person, enjoy all you can eat and drink during the game.
• Topps, at 7214 Douglas Blvd., Suite J in Douglasville, will host a New Year’s Eve Party from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. featuring a Prime Rib Special for $12.99 each with a baked potato, salad and bread.
Party favors, a champagne toast at midnight and a balloon drop will liven up the festivities to bring in the new year.
• The Twisted Pickle Tavern, at 2123 Fairburn Rd., will celebrate the coming of 2018 with a New Year’s Party from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Reservations will be taken for dinner between 6 and 9 p.m. by calling 678-909-2129. Brian Camp and the Georgia River Band will perform from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. DJ Brandon Winn with guest DJ Ross Urban will play music from 11:30 p.m. until closing.
A prize balloon drop will be held at midnight.
• The Blue Rose Art and Bistro, located at 6774 West Broad Street, will have a New Year’s Weekend Brunch for early revelers on Saturday, Dec. 30 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For $25 per person, the all-you-can-eat brunch will include live jazz performed.
Reservations can be made by calling 678-909-2133.