The Winston Post Office, located at 2929 Post Rd., will host a Passport Fair from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 22. No appointment is necessary and applications will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Passport fees are as follows: Adults: Books -- $110, Cards, $30; Children (under 16): Books -- $80, Cards -- $15. USPS fees: $25 execution fee; photos (if needed) -- $15.
To expedite processing, the Postal Service recommends the following:
• Download a passport application from www.travel.state.gov and complete it before arrival. Print the form's single-sides in black ink. Do not sign the application until you are in the presence of the passport agent. Applications will also be available on the site.
• Bring one of the following forms of photo ID: A previously-issued, undamaged U.S. passport; certificate of naturalization or citizenship; valid driver's license; current government employee ID (city, state or federal) or a current military ID (military and dependents).
• Bring a photocopy of your proof of identity. Each applicant must bring a front and back photocopy of the ID that will be presented at the time of passport acceptance.
• Passports applicants are required to provide two recent identical photographs, measuring 2-by-2 inches, on a white background. Passport photo service will be provided on the site.
• All applicants must appear in person (including minors). Minors under the age of 16 must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization from the absent parent is required along with a photo copy (front and back) of the absent parent's ID.
Customers can go to https://www.usps.com/international/passports.htm for more information about passport application forms, fees and passport acceptance facility locations across the nation.